43 replies to this topic

Mac

Mac

C'mon...

• Admin
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationWildwood, Florida
  • Fav. X Game:The Next One
UPDATE: By order of...ugh Lord Sigma, the deadline has been extended to June 14th, 2012 due to multiple requests.

Well, as you all are aware, Sigma has done what he does best and has taken advantage of MegaManX9.com and demands a new, powerful body be created by our esteemed members so he may rise again. As it stands I don't have much choice but to dispense the stipulations of Sigma's competition. So without further ado, here they are...

• You may design the body however you wish. Draw it, sketch it, sprite it, animate it, render it. Do it. Sigma wants any designs, any way.
  • The type of Sigma Body can be both normal or large "final form" sized. The choice is totally up to you and your devious creativity. Sigma would love you to show Dr. Doppler how it's done, so to speak.
  • You can enter up to two entries. Two is...preferred...needless to say.
  • As in previous contests, joint entries are accepted for those who can't quite produce their entry, yet may have a great concept in mind.
  • The deadline for submissions is June 14th, 2012. If people request more time, we may oblige. Mustn't keep Sigma waiting though...
  • Send all entries to Sigma (at) MegaManX9 (dot) com...he wants to see them himself first.

The prizes for this contest are set at $100 for 1st Place, $60 for 2nd, and $40 for 3rd. The values of their respective places will be split in the result of a joint victor.

Note that if anyone has any questions regarding this mission, please sound off in the comments. I'm sure Sigma will be happy to answer them...or not. Also, if anyone has any ideas for a specific prize, let us know, but it shouldn't be more than the values stated above and keep in mind joint entries should also be considered in the result of a joint victor.

Now...you may begin!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kate Dering

Kate Dering

Class A Hunter

• Banned
  • 407 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA
  • Fav. X Game:MMX - The Erinn Journeys
I have one suggestion. Perhaps have seperate prize categories? For example, one for renders, one for sprite, one for hand-drawn pencil-and-paper?

EDIT: And just one prize? Uncool.

How about:
1st: $100 / 2x $50
2nd: $60 / 2x $30
3rd: $40 / 2x $20

That way you're still only giving out $200 but it's more fair.

I'm back in action! Soon, anyway.

The Beast shall rise once more...

Mac

Mac

C'mon...

• Admin
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationWildwood, Florida
  • Fav. X Game:The Next One

I have one suggestion. Perhaps have seperate prize categories? For example, one for renders, one for sprite, one for hand-drawn pencil-and-paper?

EDIT: And just one prize? Uncool.

How about:
1st: $100 / 2x $50
2nd: $60 / 2x $30
3rd: $40 / 2x $20

That way you're still only giving out $200 but it's more fair.

We were thinking about separate categories, but not exactly like that. More along the lines of First and Second form categories, but in the end we decided against it.

Now, I do think the second suggestion seems fair. Though that depends on the consensus of the rest of the members who may potentially enter. What does everyone else think? Also it seems like a smaller prize for the number one spot, which is what we've focused on in the past. We have had some outstanding creations before.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jeff

Jeff

• Admin
  • 1,251 posts
  • LocationAround.
  • Fav. X Game:X2, X3, and X8
That doesn't sound bad actually. Although I'd like to hear the opinions of other members as well before we decide.

elreyjgz

elreyjgz

S...... Senpai!!...Please notice me!!~

• Members
  • 2,586 posts
  • LocationSmall city below Chicago.......
  • Fav. X Game:Megaman X5
Im actually all for trying to divide the big cash pot for it....it'll would feel better the ones that were just as good as the top winner and for their hard work, they should be rewarded a little... Maybe even a D-Arts figure of their choice cause you can never have enough of those ^.^...If needs to be I can fork over a little cash for the other categories and/or 2nd 3rd place if need to be...

Posted Image

Vman

Vman

Class B Hunter

• Members
  • 100 posts
Dividing the main cash prize does seem a bit more fair, because (at least for the last contest that I participated in anyway), there was a great amount of support for each of the top two characters. For the joint entries, there should be a list of people willing to do them. That way, everyone would know who is and isn't available to help with someone else create an entry.
Since all the cool kids have one, I figured I'd get a deviant art page too. Why not? Just don't expect anything spectacular, or for me to update a lot.

Jeff

Jeff

• Admin
  • 1,251 posts
  • LocationAround.
  • Fav. X Game:X2, X3, and X8

Dividing the main cash prize does seem a bit more fair, because (at least for the last contest that I participated in anyway), there was a great amount of support for each of the top two characters. For the joint entries, there should be a list of people willing to do them. That way, everyone would know who is and isn't available to help with someone else create an entry.

Sounds good, everyone just needs to remember that if they do a joint entry, it counts as one of their two possible entries. Choose your partners carefully!

TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Time is not the boss of me.

• Members
  • 3,256 posts
  • LocationThe TARDIS
I like the idea of dividing the prize between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Posted Image

Sigma

Sigma

• Maverick Overlord
  • 80 posts
Aww, I'm touched by all the group thinking...ha! It matters not what the prize is, for my prize will be the best of all! As long as people think it's... ugh fair and starts creating...it's fine by me. I will flex my abilities and update the rules.

Dim

Dim

Guardian of the Badlands

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBadlands
  • Fav. X Game:X2
Sounds good to me, I'm up for the challenge. I hope to atleast make a place, so I'll do my best. *Enough to buy Thix a gift*

tumblr_static_awz4yx907go4ss0k4wgk0kwcc.
tumblr_mo3brlb7IR1rna6xfo1_400.png

Spazboy225

Spazboy225

Rise from my grave!!

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationWisconsin
SIGMA! YOU HAVE PROVEN THAT YOUR SHEER LEVEL OF BADASS-NESS (and dynamic chin-ness) IS ENOUGH TO SWAY ME OVER TO YOUR RANKS.

From this point forward, I will eat, sleep, breathe, live, and die... FOR SIGMA!!

I musn't let my lord down! My designs shall be the most powerfull of his bodies! HE CANNOT LOSE!

Ah, but one more question...

Does a Normal and Final form design count as the 2 choices I get? Or do they get grouped as one?

Volt-Kid

Volt-Kid

Class GA Hunter

• Members
  • 1,659 posts
  • Fav. X Game:Still Currently X3
Nice. Nice. Another contest? I'm in baby! Anyway, I think the prizes for the top three sounds fair.

Will we be sending the entries to your email address, Mac, or Jeff's?

I usually watch movies at night. And at night is when Netflix decides to be screwy with me. Go figure!

Lenneth Valkyrie

Lenneth Valkyrie

To my side, my noble einherjar!

• Members
  • 153 posts
Hellz yeah am i gonna join since i'm getting better at drawing *might use the money to get something for my bro for his b-day* :D
My youtube link

Sig made by me.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Ziber

Ziber

ZiberVirus

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fav. X Game:Megaman X4
i'l do my best and i create the better body of Sigma EVER CREATED!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU WILL BE DIE X hahahahahahahahAHAHAHAHA
I no have mercy of the others
Wach me in :http://n-sigma.deviantart.com/

Kate Dering

Kate Dering

Class A Hunter

• Banned
  • 407 posts
Well... considering that the prizes are more fair now, I may just actually enter this.

Bluekirby2

Bluekirby2

Stay gold....

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Locationstalking is creepy isnt it?
  • Fav. X Game:X4
i will probably enter but just for fun.

Sigma

Sigma

• Maverick Overlord
  • 80 posts
Mmmm, yes...yes! That's it, all you tools people! That's the spirit! Show me what you can do...

Will we be sending the entries to your email address, Mac, or Jeff's?

Send them to mine. It is now in the main post. Those two bumbling buffoons shall see them on a need-be basis!

Does a Normal and Final form design count as the 2 choices I get? Or do they get grouped as one?

Ha! Your fiery spirit sets me ablaze. I like your guts, fella. We shall see how well you fare. You may either create a normal sized or large sized armor, as in one body per entry. Or you could possibly create one small and one large to use both possible entries. The choice is yours.

Spazboy225

Spazboy225

Rise from my grave!!

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Ha! Your fiery spirit sets me ablaze. I like your guts, fella. We shall see how well you fare. You may either create a normal sized or large sized armor. Or you could possibly create one small and one large to use both possible entries. The choice is yours.

But of course, my liege... I shall make the necessary preparations!

MAY THE EARTH TREMBLE BEFORE YOUR MIGHT!!

Kate Dering

Kate Dering

Class A Hunter

• Banned
  • 407 posts
*designs a Sigma with a self-destruct switch and gives switch to X*

Fufufu~

Dim

Dim

Guardian of the Badlands

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBadlands
  • Fav. X Game:X2
Well, I'm working on a rough, revised and a final draft. So far I have the rough completed... But I want to take my time so I don't rush the art at hand. Hmm... I guess Fem Sigma should also have a final foem, I just wonder how I'd pull it of.... -_-;;; (Thats gonna require ANOTHER rough, revised, and final draft.) Honestly I'll try my best to design Sigma a rockin' body. One that will impress maybe, I dunno.

tumblr_static_awz4yx907go4ss0k4wgk0kwcc.
tumblr_mo3brlb7IR1rna6xfo1_400.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users