74 replies to this topic

FRANK TORPEDO

FRANK TORPEDO

Leader of the Sniper Joes

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationYour Minds
  • Fav. X Game:X1 | X2 | X3 | X6 | X7
Discuss X7 and X4. The reason we're discussing X4 is because I don't like X4, unlike many, and I DO like X7, unlike many.
Check out mah deviantART profile: http://unknowni123.deviantart.com/

Sorry people! My sprite request spaces are full at the moment!

I'm currently working with:
- Mega Man X0 (Tentative Title)

Posted Image

Terminus

Terminus

Void Walker.

• Moderators
  • 3,977 posts
  • LocationCeres II.
  • Fav. X Game:MegaMan X3.
I don't see how X4 is part of this supposed X7 discussion, but many liked X7. Took some getting used to, it is just some fans disliked the games 'approach' as well as having problems with some of the mechanics. I personally liked the game but it by no means is a favorite of mine.
Posted Image

Craven

Craven

Class A Hunter

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Fav. X Game:x,x2,x4,x5
I have played Mega Man X 7 just once, and I hated it. Maybe I like it a bit just because that game is the first Axl's game (I don't like that character for the game story, but is cool to play as him), but the story, development and gameplay were pretty lame for my taste (I feel the same sensation when a play MMX 6).

Mega Man X4 is one of my favourite Mega Man games ever, so I don't will speak more about it xD

Posted Image
Click the image for news of Mega Man X Prequel for PC

========================================
========================================

READ MY MEGAMAN FANFICTION: "THE DIARY"

Mac

Mac

C'mon...

• Admin
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationWildwood, Florida
  • Fav. X Game:The Next One
I liked X7. In fact, I am an advocate of X7 and its worth as a game, counteracting the outright hate some people thrust upon it with no clear reason. There's really no grounds for them to hold such a grudge against it, so I am here to try to spread the good in it.

I also think the voice acting is far better than what people give it credit for. A few bad spots and X's VA could have given better inflections, but that's in anything. There is much worse out there.

As for X4, it's an awesome game. Unsure why exactly you dislike it, but to each his own, I suppose. I thought that was one of the X games that everybody loved, lol. Aside from the voice acting of course, which I also think isn't that bad. Everyone's voice actors work for their character aside from X's higher pitch. It works for Mega Man, but not for X. X is designed older in age. Zero's...yeah...has been made fun of a lot, lol. Even so, I think he does a good job for what it's worth.

Posted Image

Posted Image

FRANK TORPEDO

FRANK TORPEDO

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationYour Minds

I liked X7. In fact, I am an advocate of X7 and its worth as a game, counteracting the outright hate some people thrust upon it with no clear reason. There's really no grounds for them to hold such a grudge against it, so I am here to try to spread the good in it.

I also think the voice acting is far better than what people give it credit for. A few bad spots and X's VA could have given better inflections, but that's in anything. There is much worse out there.

As for X4, it's an awesome game. Unsure why exactly you dislike it, but to each his own, I suppose. I thought that was one of the X games that everybody loved, lol. Aside from the voice acting of course, which I also think isn't that bad. Everyone's voice actors work for their character aside from X's higher pitch. It works for Mega Man, but not for X. X is designed older in age. Zero's...yeah...has been made fun of a lot, lol. Even so, I think he does a good job for what it's worth.

Good to know I'm not alone.

The main reasons I hated X4 was because its VAs were terrible, I hated the music style, and in my copy of the game it would crash whenever I picked to play as X, so I had to play as Zero all the time. X sounded like a girl and Sigma sounded like he was an old man with a cold.

Posted Image

Sigma Zero X

Sigma Zero X

"Here We Go!"

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Fav. X Game:X7, X8, and Command Mission
You are not the only one. I also like Megaman X7 a lot. It took me a while to get used to the game's mechanics, but the gameplay and flow of Megaman X7 eventually suited with my playing style. Here is an example of how I enjoy playing Megaman X7 and how my playstyle adapted with this game, among several examples I have in my YouTube channel:

I also like Megaman X4. Since we're on the subject of voices, I have a confession to make. Call me crazy, but I actually like Ruth Shiraishi's performance as X, even Shiraishi is a female. Although her performance is not as good as other females voices such as Megumi Ogata as X in X1 and Yuka Imai as Copy X in the Zero series, Shiraishi satisfied me when she brought out the innocent side of X's voice. In end, I am satisfied with all of X's English and Japanese voices, regardless if X's voice was done by a male or female.

"Allow me to rephrase. I will exercise my authority to terminate your program!" - Mega Man Juno, from Mega Man Legends

"Come then, Mega Man Trigger! Show me what a First Class Purifier is capable of!" - Sera, from Mega Man Legends 2

Click here to watch some cool Mega Man X videos from my YouTube Channel

TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Time is not the boss of me.

• Members
  • 3,261 posts
  • LocationThe TARDIS
X7, in my opinion, was a good attempt gone wrong. It had a lot of stuff going for it, and I loved that they tried to do something new, but it seemed like it was playtested by chimpanzees.

Posted Image

Mac

Mac

C'mon...

• Admin
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationWildwood, Florida
  • Fav. X Game:The Next One

X7, in my opinion, was a good attempt gone wrong. It had a lot of stuff going for it, and I loved that they tried to do something new, but it seemed like it was playtested by chimpanzees.

I don't even think it was tested. If it was, they simply did have the time to correct the problems, which are obvious. Le sigh...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Alia

Alia

bloody navigator.

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationHuehueland
  • Fav. X Game:X, X2, X6, X8
Ah... so I'm not the only one who hates X4.

X7... well... I'm still trying to play it, trying to ignore the God-awful VAs (Alia sounds like Roll, Axl has a squeaky and girly-like voice, Zero is the only "man" in the entire base...), trying to ignore the fact that X is being treated as a sidekick in his own series... just like X4.

But I'm trying.
Ain't no party like a Corpse Party

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dark Seraph Lumine

Dark Seraph Lumine

Class SA Hunter

• Members
  • 877 posts
At first, I absolutely HATED X7. The only reason I bought the game, was to see Crowrang's airship, because I am a fan of airships (and of course, my brother told me it was a stupid reason to buy the game, but he always has smart ass remarks to me) plus I hated how, if you got hit the right way, you were stunned and could not move. And then there was the problem with jump-kicking up the walls. You could not hold in the dash button when doing it like in all orther X series games (or at least X1-X6 and X8) a couple years after I had the game, and X7's bosses were fairly easy, but the boss weakness weapons sucked on most of the bosses and you would usually run out of the weakness wheapon before the boss was destroyed, so I usually use the character's standard weapon when fighting a boss. Although the Volt Tornado does work good on Warfly and Gungaroo's ride armor (but not Gungaroo himself) and the Sniper Missile works good on Crowrang, but again, you always run out of the weapon before the boss is destroyed.

Anyway, at first, I thought "This game is too hard. I will never beat it" so I gave up for a couple years. Then one day I finally sat down, and thought to myself "I am going to beat this game" and within a few days, I did. So now, I really love X7. Its one of my favorites, and believe it or not, X1 is my least favorite X series game (unless you count Command Mission, which I will not touch, with it being an RPG and all, even with the Ninetails Fox Clan in it)

As for X4, I loved that game and it is my second most favorite game, and I think X4's Zero's voice was the BEST Zero voice in the entire X series. Kind of weird how both X4 and X8 took place in space in the end and invoved creating a new world for Reploids in space.

Anyway, in X7, I'm just glad you never run into any more of those walls you have to shoot at the targets when they light up, to open a gateway to get through. At first I thought "Oh shit. Don't tell me there are going to be a bunch of these stupid things throughout the game. There were similar walls that shot at you that you had to destroy, but nothing like the one Axl had to shoot the targets when they turned red. Reminded my of the NHL skills competition, where the players shoot the puck at the four targets in the corners of the goal net.

Bluekirby2

Bluekirby2

Stay gold....

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • Locationstalking is creepy isnt it?
  • Fav. X Game:X4
never played X7 so not even going to judge it.

AxlRocks

AxlRocks

Class B Hunter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Fav. X Game:Megaman X1
I didn't get to play X7, or X8 for that matter, until last summer. I've never played the PS2 version of X7, only PC, and my first experience was on an old, old PC at that. I have to say though, I was pleasantly surprised at X7. I agree that it has gameplay and coding issues, but getting passed that, it's a pretty decent game, and a really good attempt/concept. The voice overs aren't bad, other than some need better inflection. (X4 has the worst imo, mostly because of X. While the inflection is better, the casting needed work.) The 3D needs work, but I found it as an enjoyable change, especially considering how bad the idea itself sounds. While all that is fun overall, even with it's bugs, the one thing I can't put down in anyway is the atmosphere of the game. As a matter of fact, as much as I actually enjoyed the gameplay itself, the atmosphere is actually why I like this game so much. The music and graphics blend quite well in my opinion (not to mention they're both well done anyway). The picture they paint is actually kind of bleak, but that fits the X series in my opinion. This goes back to mainly X1, but also X3, X4, and X6 a bit as well, where the music and graphics made me feel like things were truly bad and as X or Zero, I need to fix it. It's like motivation beyond just the storyline. X2, X5, and X8 are all great, have great music and graphics too, but I only know Sigma needs destroyed. In X1 and X7, I feel more motivated from the atmosphere of them. So that's why I like X7 so well. I think as time has gone by a lot of others have come to appreciate what it does have, and probably more will in the future. I can see why it was a let down when it came out, it DOES deserve more work done on it (I could only wish the PC version could be modded someday to at least address some issues), but it accomplished some important stuff in the time it was given I think.

-AxlRocks

Sigma Zero X

Sigma Zero X

"Here We Go!"

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Fav. X Game:X7, X8, and Command Mission

X7... well... I'm still trying to play it, trying to ignore the God-awful VAs (Alia sounds like Roll, Axl has a squeaky and girly-like voice, Zero is the only "man" in the entire base...), trying to ignore the fact that X is being treated as a sidekick in his own series... just like X4.

But I'm trying.

I agree with you that Alia's English voice does sound like Roll's from the Megaman Legends games, even though both characters were voiced by different people.

At first, I absolutely HATED X7. The only reason I bought the game, was to see Crowrang's airship, because I am a fan of airships (and of course, my brother told me it was a stupid reason to buy the game, but he always has smart ass remarks to me) plus I hated how, if you got hit the right way, you were stunned and could not move. And then there was the problem with jump-kicking up the walls. You could not hold in the dash button when doing it like in all orther X series games (or at least X1-X6 and X8) a couple years after I had the game, and X7's bosses were fairly easy, but the boss weakness weapons sucked on most of the bosses and you would usually run out of the weakness wheapon before the boss was destroyed, so I usually use the character's standard weapon when fighting a boss. Although the Volt Tornado does work good on Warfly and Gungaroo's ride armor (but not Gungaroo himself) and the Sniper Missile works good on Crowrang, but again, you always run out of the weapon before the boss is destroyed.

Anyway, at first, I thought "This game is too hard. I will never beat it" so I gave up for a couple years. Then one day I finally sat down, and thought to myself "I am going to beat this game" and within a few days, I did. So now, I really love X7. Its one of my favorites, and believe it or not, X1 is my least favorite X series game (unless you count Command Mission, which I will not touch, with it being an RPG and all, even with the Ninetails Fox Clan in it)

For the special weapons, it varies on the weapon. For Crowrang, you can use Zero's Hieijin move (press special weapon button while Zero is in the air) to damage him well if the Sniper Missile does not work. But sometimes, the homing ability of the Hieijin might not always hit Crowrang because of Crowrang's flight capabilities in the background away from the 2d area. Speaking of Hieijin, I showed how good the move can be against Red on Hard in my first post in this thread (which would also be the fourth post out of all of the posts in this thread.) Axl's regular shot from the G-Launcher works well against Red, Soldier Stonekong, and Sigma, but it might not be too useful against Tornado Tonion due to the shot usually hitting the onion skin guarding Tonion.

I am also humble to find that another person eventually liked Megaman X7 in a gradual way like I did.

I didn't get to play X7, or X8 for that matter, until last summer. I've never played the PS2 version of X7, only PC, and my first experience was on an old, old PC at that. I have to say though, I was pleasantly surprised at X7. I agree that it has gameplay and coding issues, but getting passed that, it's a pretty decent game, and a really good attempt/concept. The voice overs aren't bad, other than some need better inflection. (X4 has the worst imo, mostly because of X. While the inflection is better, the casting needed work.) The 3D needs work, but I found it as an enjoyable change, especially considering how bad the idea itself sounds. While all that is fun overall, even with it's bugs, the one thing I can't put down in anyway is the atmosphere of the game. As a matter of fact, as much as I actually enjoyed the gameplay itself, the atmosphere is actually why I like this game so much. The music and graphics blend quite well in my opinion (not to mention they're both well done anyway). The picture they paint is actually kind of bleak, but that fits the X series in my opinion. This goes back to mainly X1, but also X3, X4, and X6 a bit as well, where the music and graphics made me feel like things were truly bad and as X or Zero, I need to fix it. It's like motivation beyond just the storyline. X2, X5, and X8 are all great, have great music and graphics too, but I only know Sigma needs destroyed. In X1 and X7, I feel more motivated from the atmosphere of them. So that's why I like X7 so well. I think as time has gone by a lot of others have come to appreciate what it does have, and probably more will in the future. I can see why it was a let down when it came out, it DOES deserve more work done on it (I could only wish the PC version could be modded someday to at least address some issues), but it accomplished some important stuff in the time it was given I think.

-AxlRocks

I heard horror stories about the limitations of X7 for the PC. I would not know because I only played the PS2 version of X7 and I don't play games on the PC. That being said, I am pretty happy to find out another poster who enjoys the PC version of X7, despite the limitations.

"Allow me to rephrase. I will exercise my authority to terminate your program!" - Mega Man Juno, from Mega Man Legends

"Come then, Mega Man Trigger! Show me what a First Class Purifier is capable of!" - Sera, from Mega Man Legends 2

Click here to watch some cool Mega Man X videos from my YouTube Channel

Z-Nightmare

Z-Nightmare

Class E Hunter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Fav. X Game:Megaman X4,X5,X7,X8
I've played and finished X7, it's very hard to control the characters for me tthe first time, i just got used to it, it's one of my fave games as you can see
Nothing Is True-Everything Is Permitted

Bread Mage

Bread Mage

Vahn43

• Members
  • 44 posts
I love Mega Man X7! Especially Flame Hyenard. Check this out: Flame Hyenard's cover of Nickleback's song "Burn it to the ground". It's actually pretty good.

Check out my Youtube channel for Megaman and Megaman X glitches and other various glitches and vids!

Haru

Haru

Class C Hunter

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • Locationpop in that SNES cart and find out
  • Fav. X Game:SNES era of X Games
X7 Wasint all that bad i mean it was a new way get get new fans it was also a way to get a new char in the series some hated it some liked it...i'm more so in between cus i can see why people love it but at he same time why people hate it.

The Voice acting....Could had been better but it was not enough to kill the game i felt that X's VA had a hard time expressing Emotion and Zero's VA...Kinda Slow...like....Meh...And Axl...i thought it felt just right although i do like the newer VA better it Made Axl sound like a kid and i enjoyed that and then playing CM and X* he had an Older air to him with the Newer VA

X4's Voice Acting....yeah it was not the best...this was also released basically at the same time as MM8. and my theory is they just pulled the same VA team over from MM8 to work on X4.
But really X4 wasn't that bad maby you just had to grow up in that era i mean it was X's first jump to a new system again CAPCOM testing the waters....and it worked X7 works around the same way it was Again X's 3rd Time on a new System and since the PS2 was all about Exploration and what not at the time We got something new.

Now when i first played this game...i was pumped i didn't know what to expect......and in the first few moments of the game...i was shocked Megaman X had retired..And then the intro stage with axl...leading up to Zero....and finally unlocking X...witch lead up to the Battle with RED ALERT .....that battle with RED was fun....and annoying at the same time...not annoying as gate tho. so after thrashing RED we get to hear all About...this...Professor....uhg...let me take a wild guess....is it Sigma?...yep i Knew you were hiding in this game. their was something i just... didn't like about X7 Sigma...i still cant put my finger on it....any way so sigma's taken down...again....but uh...comes back in his X6 messed up form only to bed fooled and shot out the window by Axl :axlreallyhappy: short sweet and to the point i suppose

So i had that Enjoyment...i mean the game wasint so bad that i wanted to never play it again i mean i just thew it in the other day...yep still felt the same .

FRANK TORPEDO

FRANK TORPEDO

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationYour Minds

X4's Voice Acting....yeah it was not the best...this was also released basically at the same time as MM8. and my theory is they just pulled the same VA team over from MM8 to work on X4.
But really X4 wasn't that bad maby you just had to grow up in that era...

I pretty much grew up in that era all right. Megaman X on the SNES was the first game that I ever played, but I never had a PSX or PS2 for about 6 years so I missed pretty much from 4-6 until I got a PS2 about 7 years later. I bought X7 cause it was the current title and the whole world had changed. My beautiful female hero "Y" as I called her was now a gruff man with a saber and the name Zero. X was no where to be seen. Axl was here. Although confusing, I loved it to heck. Then I got the Mega Man X Collection for PS2 and I slowly started to realize why people wouldn't like the sudden change from 2D for six titles into 3D for one.

So yes I grew up in that era, its just that stuff interfered with X4 and me. It was also the second-last X game that I ever beat.

Posted Image

chargeman

chargeman

Class E Hunter

• Members
  • 1 posts
After X5 (weaker than 4 except for the story was kinda better) and X6 (dismal), I loved X7 which I recently played for the first time. Unlike X5 and 6, you could feel they put in a real effort to creating the experience, flawed though it was. I dug the experimenting with 3D. It was only . . awful in a few cases.

X4 was a step down from the SNES slightly but I like it. The only good thing about X5 is the music and the desperate feel to the story.

Volt-Kid

Volt-Kid

Class GA Hunter

• Members
  • 1,701 posts
  • Fav. X Game:Still Currently X3
I didn't like it much, but it wasn't because of the new gameplay. I liked the free scrolling for a change. What I didn't like was many things.

As it was already discussed, the voice acting was terrible. Especially the onion's. He's the worst maverick in history. And Flame Hyenard, he was the last maverick that I fought, and I remember thinking to myself that they will at least have the right voice for this guy. I pictured it to be very deep, and then I hear, "Ahh ahh it hurts!" While other voices matched, characters still made disturbing noises. When you attack Wind Crowrang with his weakness, he makes a very strange sound. Also, X needed to be much more expressive. He was concerned about all of the violence, so he needed to show it and not just say it.

A lot of the dialogue and personalities were very childish. The kangaroo being a kid; the onion trying to be funny, and stuff like that.

The game itself was extremely hard. I can't imagine beginners getting through it.

Unless it's a cut scene, there is way too much dialogue that you can't skip through. I like the game a little better than X6, but I still don't like it much.

2h6vxbs.jpg

BladeWing

BladeWing

Class A Hunter

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • LocationAnother World
  • Fav. X Game:X2
To be honest, I really just don't like the voice acting and 3-d parts. I actually preferred axl in X8, and am glad that he was brought in. Although the 3-d parts were strange, it was somewhat fun. I hated that the reploid saving thing was still in, and that to power up you needed to get them. Other than that, there really isn't anything else that is annoying/bad about X7.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users