• Please log in to reply
339 replies to this topic

Metal X

Metal X

MMX - The Anime: Season III

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • Fav. X Game:X1
I was just thinking about MMX and the whole big picture of the storyline; where it comes and where it goes. How it doesn't quite finish...
And then I thought to myself, "What would it be like if someone made a Megaman X anime series?" Would anyone want to see that? I sure would!!

I would love to see a faithful portrayal of X1 - X8. Anything extra in between games or beyond would be welcome, including the lesser known Xtreme stuff. (Lesser known to me of course since I never played the games)

I know Capcom created a great OVA for Maverick Hunter X. MMX4 had some great anime cut scenes (albeit with horrible voice acting), and even MMX3 was revamped with a nice cartoon intro. The short scenes in X7 & X8 are nice, but it's still not enough. I would personally love it if a famous anime director like Yoshiaki Kawajiri (the guy who gave us Ninja Scroll & Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust) took on the whole series and gave it a serious overhaul. I know more can be done for this great series. I think all the incredible storylines from each game, could translate very well on the small screen. What do you guys think?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT

I'm no Naohito Takahashi, but I'm going to try my best to direct my fanscripts of an MMX anime in the same type of "Berserk" fashion that he did.

We're planning on using Miku Miku Dance to animate the finished episodes in 3D. Click here to check out our Animation Progress!

Thread Table of Contents:

Page 1 - 3: Discussion of an X anime: the birth of an idea.
Page 4 - 10: Planning process of the project
Page 10: Episode Summaries
Page 10 - 12: Season I - Part 1: The Maverick Hunters
Page 12 - 16: Season I - Part 2: The Sigma Rebellion
Page 17: Post Season Discussion & Post-Scripting Updates
Mega Man X: Season II

Edited by Metal X, 02 November 2013 - 05:22 PM.

KEN BLAST

KEN BLAST

Slorgas: Because I Can

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationΣ
  • Fav. X Game:X2, hands down.
It wouldn't matter to me how awful or good the anime would be, I would watch it, and buy the DVDs. *Still hasn't bought the Ruby Spears cartoon DVDs yet.*

*Sigh* :metool:

I would accept an anime from any other series as well, realistically they couldn't do one with the Zero series though since it has a definitive ending.

If an anime comes out for a Mega Man series again...it would probably be the next iteration of Rock Man...because they would have done it by now with the Classic, X, SF, or ZX series.

If one were to come out of an already established series, it would either have been SF or ZX, just because they are the most recent ones.
There is no such thing as robot heaven.
Too much is just enough.
MMX2 is the greatest.

Gunther

Gunther

Class SA Hunter

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • Fav. X Game:Mega Man X8
I voted for all the choices. 'Cause I could pick more than one. And I'm stupid......I win.

'Cause y'know, I'm easily amused like that.

KEN BLAST

KEN BLAST

Slorgas: Because I Can

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationΣ
  • Fav. X Game:X2, hands down.
Not only do you lose, but to quote Resident Evil 4; "You are Dead." T_T
There is no such thing as robot heaven.
Too much is just enough.
MMX2 is the greatest.

Telos

Telos

ΤΕΛΟΣ

• Members
  • 1,909 posts
As long as it isn't like every single other Megaman anime TV show to date, with its annoying 'boss of the week' episodes and lackluster, gimmicky storylines.

I'd rather it be a proper shonen with a long-standing storyline that follows up episodically.
Posted Image

FireWarriorKais

FireWarriorKais

Class A Hunter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationT´AU
If Megaman X anime looks any like Megaman X OVA then i really want to see it! I wanted years megaman X anime serie but there is not such thing. You may collect names and send Capcom that " We need Megaman X anime serie!". I believe that if you collect 10.000 or more names i believe that capcom may do for it something (i hope).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Warhammer Fantasy Battle Games in 8th edition
army wins/ties/losses
Bretonnia 3/1/7, Skaven 0/0/3, Daemons of chaos 0/0/1, Ogre Kingdom 0/0/0
Warhammer 40k starting 18.10.2010
Tau Empire 4/0/3, Dark Eldars 1/1/0, Grey Knights 0/0/0

Metal X

Metal X

• Members
  • 814 posts
Wow. Good bloody luck getting 10,000 names though... I'm glad to see I have some believers in the audience.

I'd love, love LOVE to see an episodic faithful portrayal of the games. The Mavericks come and go, just like in the games. No gimmicky tricks... No mercy rules to keep cast members around... Just straight up Maverick hunting and character development from X1 - X8 (and beyond). I've been watching a lot of Casshern Sins lately and I just love the dark tone of the show. Other shows that take that serious dark turn are epics like Berserk. I'd love to see the whole X series portrayed in that serious epic war = no hope, sort of way. :xbrighteyes:

Perhaps there's a way to tell Capcom. I'm not holding my breath though.

Thanatos-Zero

Thanatos-Zero

Mad Scientist

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationGermany

Wow. Good bloody luck getting 10,000 names though... I'm glad to see I have some believers in the audience.

I'd love, love LOVE to see an episodic faithful portrayal of the games. The Mavericks come and go, just like in the games. No gimmicky tricks... No mercy rules to keep cast members around... Just straight up Maverick hunting and character development from X1 - X8 (and beyond). I've been watching a lot of Casshern Sins lately and I just love the dark tone of the show. Other shows that take that serious dark turn are epics like Berserk. I'd love to see the whole X series portrayed in that serious epic war = no hope, sort of way. :xbrighteyes:

Perhaps there's a way to tell Capcom. I'm not holding my breath though.

And if we are going that way, I wouldn't mind to have some Ghost in the Shell influence in it. I loved Ghost in the Shell.^^

Edit: Before I forget, some Gaogaigar for the Rule of Cool. :D
"That was me as well!"
(Or if you prefer moon speak...)

"SORE MO WATASHI DA!"
Spoiler

ToCool74

ToCool74

Class C Hunter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Locationeverywher yet nowhere.
I think this would be a GREAT idea.

Perhaps then they could explain what happened during the Elf Wars and everything else leading up to the Zero series.

Posted Image

Metal X

Metal X

• Members
  • 814 posts
I say, "Go for it!!" I don't know why this idea hasn't been discussed on the forum before (to my knowledge).

Lucas

Lucas

THE Zero

• The Zero
  • 47 posts
I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA AND THAT THEY SHOULD USE ZERO'S VOICE FROM X8

I'm starting a petition riiiight NOW.

Hey Capcom! Want to...-

-"NO... NO LUCAS. WE HATE YOU AND WANT YOU TO DIE."

but Capcom WHY?!

"We only want to f your s up... oh and also Inafune is gone. WHERE'S YOUR MESSIAH NOW"

tears of acid.
Posted Image
-Thanks to Rayl for this sig!
and thanks to PhantomCobra for my Avatar!

ToCool74

ToCool74

Class C Hunter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Locationeverywher yet nowhere.
Yes Zero's voice from X8 was his best voice so far.

I'd MUCH prefer it over his X4 voice lol. :dynamolaugh:
Posted Image

Metal X

Metal X

• Members
  • 814 posts
"What am I fighting FOOOOOOORRRRRRRRReeerrrrrrrrraaaaaarrrrrrruuuuuuuurrrrrggggghhhhhhhh" :zeroexclamation: :x1vilelol: :x1vilewut:

Silver_Stryker

Silver_Stryker

Don't fear, Lambo-San is here!

• Members
  • 1,862 posts
  • LocationFighting alongside X

As long as it isn't like every single other Megaman anime TV show to date, with its annoying 'boss of the week' episodes and lackluster, gimmicky storylines.

8 bosses, 8 boss rematch, and Sigma with a new dress every appearance? It'd be asking for it.

In all seriousness, I'd support a Megaman X anime. It'd be cool if every arc or something(whatever would represent the game installments), the 8 boss rematch would be represented by a 30-60 minute special of X/Zero/X&Zero battling all 8 bosses at once or something. I think that'd be wicked. but either way, I'd appreciate an X anime, so long as it doesn't put alot of focus on X's weaknesses. Next thing you know, you hear peeps complaining left and right(even more) about how X is weak and Zero's a billion times better than him and things of that nature......ugh....I know so many "hate X, Love Zero" fans, I'd NEVER hear the end of it. :zerodisappoint:
Posted Image

Nothing is Absolute; Everything is to a Degree.
In Short- Stop Believing in Zero.

Metal X

Metal X

• Members
  • 814 posts
Haha, true... But the beauty of X is that he's emo. Let's face it. He is. The series would have to do for a little bit of complaining on his part. I didn't think about all those rematches and Sigma always wearing something different. But perhaps, that could be coordinated differently too. Such as... the anime portraying Sigma more than once in every Saga (or arc or whatever). All that shit he did in the OVA was CRAZY and that's all before any of MHX takes place. Imagine all the dramatic intervening he could do within a whole anime portrayal of a game!

Telos

Telos

ΤΕΛΟΣ

• Members
  • 1,909 posts

8 bosses, 8 boss rematch, and Sigma with a new dress every appearance? It'd be asking for it.

Heck naw, man. You could work the first game, for example, as a continuous story. Heck, if I remember correctly, depending on who you beat it'd affect another level afterwards. Such as when you fight with Storm Eagle.

You could have X making his way through the airport, probably make some kind of side-story where there's reploids trapped in the air base needing to be saved, possibly an entire episode and or two dedicated towards it along with the side-characters of the reploids being saved having known Storm Eagle somehow, the second episode culminating with X making his way aboard the airship and facing off with Storm Eagle there - complete with cliffhanger ending to that episode as X is being pressured and pushed back when fighting him, the next episode continuing that fight, probably with some exposition such as how Storm Eagle was recruited, and so forth.

And then as that fight reaches its climax with the air ship being destroyed and crashing, X would still be on board and manage to survive the crash, making his way onward out from the crash site to whichever 'stage' follows it next and the boss involved therein.
Posted Image

Vile

Vile

Cyber-Samurai

• Members
  • 810 posts
Thats a cool idea Telos, but I think that throughout it it would be cool to see X go back to base for repairs. It would be a bit annoying to me if X could go through ALL of it in one setting, never getting too tired, or never running out of energy ect. It would be what I call, the Ichigo move. Now, doing more than one in a setting would be cool. Beat Stormmy, and move over to Spark Mandrill as teh ship crashlands into the power plant. Thats cool. Or like how Sting's stage gets Flooded after the defeat of Octopod. What they could do, is have a filler episode or two of the Maverick hunters doing side tasks that could cause the stage changes. Like, Octopod had a damn build and when its destroyed, the ocean water runs through the jungle. That way its not a straight run through of the stages. As well, when X is at the base would could use Zero to take out a maverick, or talk with X about what happened in like a mission report. kinda like the storm eagle arc in the manga. Then during the base time, X gets a call because this tower is a radio station for the maverick army and taking it out does yatta yatta yatta. You know, be deployed as Sigma is making his moves. As well, I would like to see some story as to why the mavericks are stationed where they are.

I think the big plot move in the anime would be during X2, or a the transition to it. Then again, I would just love to see Bubble Crab.
Posted Image

New Zero

New Zero

Dummy

• Members
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Fav. X Game:X5
It's time for a lotta things Mega Man related. I want an X anime, Zero anime, heck I wouldn't mind seeing a new Classic one. The one thing I'd be careful with is filler episodes. Since the X series spans over a long period of time, you can't pull a DBZ and have too much filler.

All in all it'd be awesome. It's one of the things I hope I see before I get too old.
Posted Image
Big kudos to elreyjgz!

Episode Ten of my Mega Man Zero anime adaptation is online! Read it here

Don't forget to "like" the various Mega Man pages on Facebook! He needs it now more than ever!!

Girla PurpleHeart

Girla PurpleHeart

Midna's Royal Warrior

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • LocationDwarf Planet Eris
You know, I was about to make a thread about the Megaman X Anime, but didn't get chance to do it. But most importantly, I think it's a good idea that we might get an Anime for MMX series. I mean, yeah the series isn't that big and all, but I only want Capcom to do it, since they already did Megaman Starforce series, but the problem is that the series isn't that big in North America, so I'm worried that MMX Anime won't be make it to Western areas like they did to MMSF and MMBN, but it depends on Capcom nor our Anime licenses companies (ex: Funimation). The one thing that I know of was this employee from Capcom was about to make an 3D Anime of Megaman X, but that project was dropped for unknown reasons.

Telos

Telos

ΤΕΛΟΣ

• Members
  • 1,909 posts

Snip

Oh, I wasn't suggesting every occurrance would be that of moving on with all the injuries. But there would definitely be parts where you could interlock areas and boss encounters and such. As for repairs, there could be instances of X collapsing from damage and some reploid side-character finding him and trying to repair him to the best of their ability.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users