Version 3.0 WIP
2. Levels hard-coded VRAM graphics. Seriously. This has to go. The VRAM should be loaded depended on the enemy present, not based what's on a table that's hard-coded. Seriously, this ruins level editing to a whole mighty hell. *This is proving to be a lot more difficult than anticipated.. Everything is pre-loaded into the level but the enemies are loaded on the fly. I'm really REALLY unsure how to go about making this work especially since VRAM is loaded right away while enemies are loaded much later..*
There is the possibility of actually expanding this and rewriting the entire game's routine. Have each bit of data one after another. Example:
Notorbanger is value of 02:
02 will load a table to load it's VRAM Graphics
02 will load a table to load it's Sprite Assembly
02 will load a table to load it's Animation Data.
All in consecutive order. So whenever the value is read, that's what it loads instead. Though the issue with this is how VRAM storage will have to work. That's hardcoded as well.. strangely.. I may try to see if I can make it a fluid dynamic system. So whenever an enemy is stored, the next enemy is stored directly after so you can have more enemies. Though I think this may require and entire game rewrite.
4. Adding new features.. Need to discuss this more.
---> Secret Ending: Needs to be rewritten and fixed.
---> SRAM Saving: Password screen will be dumped. This may cause issues for people but it needs to go.
---> Hard Mode
This requires an unheadered rom! Also, it does NOT work on BSNES or console!
Features For Fully Playable Zero (FPZ Project)
1. Play as Zero anytime except areas where he's unavailable such as the introduction stage.
2. Zero is able to use sub-weapons.
3. Zero is able to air-dash.
4. Zero can scroll through sub-weapons with any method.
5. Z-Sabre damage is varied depending on boss strength. (Based on speed/power combined)
6. Zero is able to gather Heart Tanks, Energy Tanks and Ride Armor chips. He's able to fill sub-weapons and energy tanks while also able to use them.
7. Zero can use Ride Armors.
8. Slightly updated dialogue to reflect both characters being playable.
9. Zero can use Capsule upgrades to a certain extent.
10. Zero has 4 more health pieces than X.
11. Hyper Cannon can be used regardless if it's full weapon health or not and it heals 2 bars per hit with or without a sub-weapon on.
12. Zero cannot use the Z-Sabre while Hyper Cannon is in use.
13. Zero has new animations for charged Triad Thunder, Ray Shot & Gravity Well. There's a new damage animation when you've obtained the armor capsule.
14. X and Zero are swapped during events. If you're Zero, X will appear, vice versa. If Zero is destroyed for the ending then Doppler will take his place.
15. Menu has slightly alternate X/Y coordinates of sub-weapon data to match X2's style. Also it's now Z-Buster in the menu for Zero.
16. Energy Tanks work like MMZ. If you're full health during a sub-tank use, it will stop healing.
17. X and Zero have separate dialogue loading. Dialogue also spans across 2 banks so there's more than enough room.
18. The game remembers who you played as last after you've beaten a level or died.
19. X2 Feature in which you can shoot both buster shots at once and both will deal damage instead of the large wait time.
20. X's buster is slightly nerfed. The helix pellets on the cross-over shot now do one damage on bosses instead of two due to being overpowered.
21. Quicker Z-Sabre movement on Zero.
22. Quicker Tornado Fang/Frost Shield.
1. New dialogue for Zero. (Thanks to Shadow MH and many others for helping!)
2. Nerfed Z-Sabre on bosses to make it more interesting and difficult. (The projectile has the same power if you decide to get the Sabre for X)
3. Separate ladder coordinates for X/Zero to make it look more smooth and not a jumpy animation.
4. Character select on Stage Select screen. The Giant "X" at top center is the character select. Buster noise for X and a Sabre noise for Zero.
5. Updated some buster code that uses Tsuraranoma's details. It's quicker, better and less laggy. Thank you very much for that Tsuraranoma!
6. Quicker screen scroll in menu.
7. Faster dialogue in menu when swapping characters.
8. Extended credits at end for a quick 'Special Thanks' sequence.
9. Golden Armor is savable. (Thanks to Tsura. Compared code and it was just a simple byte change)
10. New Portrait palettes if you have Golden Armor/Black Armor.
11. New Feature in which before the Z-Sabre boss if you're playing as Zero, X warns him to be careful.
12. No more force field generating on Armor. Not really needed.
Sprites for usage later!
- Aerial Slash
If there's any suggestions or anything, feel free to post on them and they will be taken into consideration.