49 replies to this topic

Terminus

Terminus

Void Walker.

• Moderators
  • 3,979 posts
  • LocationCeres II.
  • Fav. X Game:MegaMan X3.
Quite the Action/Platformer. Similar to that of God of War meets Legend of Zelda, kind of game. For the PS3 as well as XBox360. It is very enjoyable for the most part. And holds quite a good story. Anyone else check this out?

Oh, and for those who look, the distribute has published on-line a Calender from a Contest for the game. It is Women, within fantasy based artwork type shots. Not bad for something as promotional for such a game.

Darksiders Calender.
Posted Image

Dynamo8

Dynamo8

Class PA Hunter

• Members
  • 3,332 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
They some baaaaad angels :sigmawink:

Anyways, I've heard of this game I thought about getting this one myself and consider this game a, "Keeper" among video games, including Bayonetta. Collecting a wide array of power-ups, travelling deserted landscapes and slashing evil demons to pieces sounds a lot of fun to me. . .I'm sure to pick this one up a little later.

say Zechs or anyone else, whats your thought on this game?
Posted Image
Thank you elreyjgz!!!

Posted Image

Terminus

Terminus

Void Walker.

• Moderators
  • 3,979 posts
  • LocationCeres II.
I like it. It seems like a slower paced Devil May Cry sorts. But I do enjoy it. Familiar elements, repetitive fighting... It is easy to get into.
Posted Image

Darkrider

Darkrider

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between existance and oblivion
  • Fav. X Game:Megaman X3
I'd have to agree with Dynamo. Unforunatly, I don't have either one of those systems.

"Skip this. Storyline gets in way of violence." - Total Biscuit playing Magicka with Yogscast

There are a billion ways to die. You will experience them all by the end of the week.

[11:26:28 PM] OmegaMan: If "bullshit" is wisdom, then yes. I'm full of it.

Terminus

Terminus

Void Walker.

• Moderators
  • 3,979 posts
  • LocationCeres II.
I just want to say that the story is pretty cool. War, the youngest of the Four Horsemen (Apocalypse) is the main character. After a Pact forged between Heaven, Hell and Earth (Three Kingdoms), someone known as Destroyer triggered the rupture of the Pact and War is being held accountable. So it is a type of Redemption/Vendetta type of story... But being 1 of the Four Horsemen is just awesome! :)
Posted Image

Dynamo8

Dynamo8

Class PA Hunter

• Members
  • 3,332 posts
I gotta admit the story does sounds kick-ass to me. What I've also heard is that as the horsemen War, you get to fight the other horsmen's as bosses!!! There's a picture of them, but I don't wanna spoil it for the rest of ya'll!!
Posted Image
Thank you elreyjgz!!!

Posted Image

Terminus

Terminus

Void Walker.

• Moderators
  • 3,979 posts
  • LocationCeres II.
I personally cannot vouch for that yet, seeing as I'm 2/3 the way through... Although I will say that the First Release came with a Graphic Novel/Artbook with 10 pages for the Novel. That shows all 4 of the Horsemen...
Posted Image

Dark Pah-wraith

Dark Pah-wraith

Soylent Green

• Members
  • 1,947 posts
  • LocationBaltimore
That's out already? Damn. I saw the previews awhile ago at the local Gamestop, but for whatever reason, I didn't reserve it. Just the story alone sounded awesome and the short demo they showed was just amazing. I'm definitely going to try and pick it up this week. I'll probably get the PS3 version as that is the system I have running via HDMI. That is, unless it has online play, then I'd probably get the 360 one.
Formerly known as Dark Omega

My Facebook

Tis too much proved--that with devotion's visage
And pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.

Terminus

Terminus

Void Walker.

• Moderators
  • 3,979 posts
  • LocationCeres II.
It has no on-line work. Strictly game and gameplay...
Posted Image

Dynamo8

Dynamo8

Class PA Hunter

• Members
  • 3,332 posts

It has no on-line work. Strictly game and gameplay...

That's something I've missed for quite sometime now. :awesome:
Posted Image
Thank you elreyjgz!!!

Posted Image

Terminus

Terminus

Void Walker.

• Moderators
  • 3,979 posts
  • LocationCeres II.
Like a good last-gen game. Only trophies apply to the Network. The rest is basically hit and miss. Though the developers have not confirmed nor out right denied DLC, it isn't something to blindly hope for.

Edit: And they released a Widget for PC users. Doesn't do a whole lot, more like an Ad that holds the time.
Posted Image

Jeff

Jeff

• Admin
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationAround.
  • Fav. X Game:X2, X3, and X8
I am absolutely LOVING Darksiders. Just got to the Ashlands.

Dynamo8

Dynamo8

Class PA Hunter

• Members
  • 3,332 posts
^^ Jeff you just make me want the game even more!!! ARGH!!

Hey I found something almost interesting, according to the company this game is underrated actually:

Analyst on Darksiders

Has anyone notice the lack of Ads on TV? It only showed a bunch of gameplay demo online but I've seen nothing on TV but magazines only.
Posted Image
Thank you elreyjgz!!!

Posted Image

Terminus

Terminus

Void Walker.

• Moderators
  • 3,979 posts
  • LocationCeres II.
I have no idea why they chose that direction within advertising. Though to reach that particular crowd, I suppose Internet/magazines and the like as Spike TV (Game review show, whatever it is) and G4. Oh well, it has sold over 500K units thus far so it isn't doing bad. Last I heard it did over 1Mil, but that is joystiq so it may be fabricated.
Posted Image

Dark Pah-wraith

Dark Pah-wraith

Soylent Green

• Members
  • 1,947 posts
  • LocationBaltimore
Well I just picked this up. Guess I can make good use of my 10 day vacation from work as well as the massive amount of snow that is about to get dumped on me to play it. Even the cover art is awesome, which I am so glad they didn't put those stupid yellow stickers on it this time.

My Facebook

Terminus

Terminus

Void Walker.

• Moderators
  • 3,979 posts
  • LocationCeres II.
No kidding. If you are lucky, you should have received an insert with a Code that states "hold onto this". Those are 'First Run' editions and apparently something good is supposed t come from it.

But the game was enjoyable for what it was. And a sequel has been said to now be planned. Aimed for fiscal year 2012. How ironic as for the game content.
Posted Image

Dark Pah-wraith

Dark Pah-wraith

Soylent Green

• Members
  • 1,947 posts
  • LocationBaltimore
This game is awesome so far. I just defeated Tiamat or whatever the name was. On of the best games I've ever played.

I have the insert card too and the harvester code.

My Facebook

Dynamo8

Dynamo8

Class PA Hunter

• Members
  • 3,332 posts
Hey I finally got the game. . .but now I'm lost, lol.

It's that Zelda-like aspect I'm not used to. So far I think this game is cool, this is going to keep me busy for hours. . . .Say guys how tough are the boss fights? Not to hard right?
Posted Image
Thank you elreyjgz!!!

Posted Image

Terminus

Terminus

Void Walker.

• Moderators
  • 3,979 posts
  • LocationCeres II.

This game is awesome so far. I just defeated Tiamat or whatever the name was. On of the best games I've ever played.

I have the insert card too and the harvester code.

Right on. She was the first real Boss, to get you used to the Boss Battle difference. It is a nice quirk. And the code is sweet. Goto the darksiders website, they announced the code give-a-way. Being a Darksiders data disk and Red Faction Guerrilla.

Hey I finally got the game. . .but now I'm lost, lol.

It's that Zelda-like aspect I'm not used to. So far I think this game is cool, this is going to keep me busy for hours. . . .Say guys how tough are the boss fights? Not to hard right?

Boss Battles are not typical. You don't see their health. You basically fight till you start seeing the Button Icon pop up, then you know the fight is progressing.
Posted Image

Dark Pah-wraith

Dark Pah-wraith

Soylent Green

• Members
  • 1,947 posts
  • LocationBaltimore
Just redeemed by code. For a used game, I'm amazed the code still worked and was in the box. But a free game is quite awesome.

My Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users