Maverick Hunter X3 (Mega Man X3 Remastered) X3 Redone
Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:44 PM
1. All features from Zero Project
2. Zero has the ability to double and even triple jump! If you use the triple jump, you're 2nd jump in the air will reduce in speed a lot so you cannot go as far.
3. Chip Capsules are 'removed' in essence and will be used for other things.
4. Reduced a palette in memory so now there's one extra completely free palette usage in RAM for anything.
5. A fully working Save Game/Load Game menu. It stores everything you have earned in the game, including the incomplete hard mode data.
6. Golden Armor data has been altered. 7E1FD7 was how many chips you had and setting it to FF allowed the Golden Armor. That has removed and it is now stored at 7E1FD1. 7E1FD1 is how many armors you have. 00-0F is the main armors and setting this to FF will have all armors AND the Golden Armor. This will be incredibly useful much much later on.
7. You can now view how many heart tanks you have acquired in the main menu.
8. Options Menu has been altered to allow for sub-weapon shot. This has not fully been implemented into game as I am having many issues trying to make it work.
9. Dialogue wiping is now complete. The game no longer 'scrolls' for in-game dialogue. It instantly clears it off screen.
10. Dialogue overlay has been added.
Work In Progress Features (You can currently view what I am working on. This will be updated frequently).
1. Importing Zero's first new Z-Sabre sprites. (They are being redone to be smoother with less frames)
2. Dialogue System being updated to be much quicker and in general, much better.
3. Boss Death system being updated. I want to implement a simple measure that every boss in the game can use to dictate whether the game freezes and blows up, blows up like Mac, or doesn't do anything but teleport out. A dialogue option would be used here as well.
1. Hard Mode
2. New Game+
3. Level redesigns.
4. Possible separate levels for X/Zero depending on circumstances.
5. New Game features. (I have a few in mind that aren't in any X game)
6. Complete Storyline update.
7. Much more expanded dialogue with characters having more personality.
8. Expanded ending with a couple of things people wouldn't expect.
9. Zero's tri-sabre combo (Possibly.. I'm really hoping for this)
10. New Armors for both X and Zero.
11. Sprite updates for X and Zero. Possibly for everything in game
12. Enemy AI updating.
13. New weapons for Zero.
14. Completely new sprite style for everything. I want the game to feel 'fresh' with a more defined, sharper and detailed look. Think Super Mario World Redrawn.
That's about it for now. There's a lot of things to work on and many new ideas to add. So if you guys feel like throwing out some ideas or feel like you can help with anything, just pop it in here or PM me or whatever you want.
Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:39 PM
Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:55 PM
1. exhaust all your resources
2. master the characters
3. think a little...
Here are some old posts of mine, this post is some sort of compilation (recaps) of my ideas...
Some of the following links might include ideas for the remastered game in general and aren't specifically for hardmode.
Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:15 AM
Maybe you're already good to go, I don't know, but I like to at least try to help out when possible. Anyway, I love your ideas but New Game+ and Hard Mode are the two I'm really drooling for currently. Level edits as well, if you decide to do any. I always wanted New Game+ in MMX so when it came to X7 and X8 I was happy as a clam, because you know, clams are so happy, amirite? Anyway, that's going to be fun to see happen. Goodluck as usual! And I hope my links helped in some way haha
Posted 18 May 2012 - 03:59 AM
@Rickets: Thank you very much for reposting all of those links. I was in dire need of trying to find all that information!
@Nightmare: I'm honestly not too sure. I'm pretty sure everything is loaded from a table of some sort and goes from there. I'll dive into later on once I have certain things ready.
@AxlRocks: Yep yep that'd be him. He hasn't really worked on it for months or more from what I recall and he doesn't seem really interested in even working on the X series as much anymore. So I'm not really sure what's going on. Last time I heard was that he was wanting to improve everything and was going to write it all from scratch, but it'd be many many many months before he did so. So I don't expect anything at all either for awhile if ever.
Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:52 AM
Since we are going to do new dialoges, how about to add animated mugshots into the dialoge boxes?
I know it is a lot of work to design all the mugshots and to even program them in, but I thought it might be nice to include them, since a few X games have them. I can recall that X, Xtreme2, X4 and X6 had them in.
As for actual dialoges, we need more information on the personalities and motives of the eight mavericks. Also we need to know if they have interacted with X and Zero in the past.
The others did some ground work here already, so appreciate that we have something with which we can work with, but we need more regardless.
Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:16 AM
Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:13 PM
Also, since we were talking about dialogue system and Thanatos popped up the idea I had, here is what I'm planning.
The dialogue system I'm wanting to implement is very similar to Mega Man Zero's. Quick, nice, flexible and it works. Additions to it obviously as Thanatos stated would be animated portraits roughly the same size as Mega Man Zero's. Or so I hope anyway. That's what I have planned. I also have a plan to see if I can pause events but not characters so essentially Zero/X/NPC's and what not could be more animated during dialogue along with the portraits to express more emotion. I want to go all out with this and change a lot.
I also want to implement the ability Chrono Trigger had. You press the 'Y' button and the dialogue box will draw on the top or bottom of the screen. I also want to add the ability to have short lines like Mega Man Zero for dialogue on maps from headquarters and stuff. I'm really trying to enhance everything as much as possible and be called easily throughout the game to make it easier to work with.
THIS IS A MOCK-UP! But this is basically similar to the style I want. The portraits would be more to the X3-X6 style (I'm planning to alter things to be more in the latter style in some ways). But essentially, this. If I am able to get a VWF implemented (Which I actually have to ask on again.. since the game has the ability to print how many letters you want on the screen). The font will be either this size or a size similar to Chrono Trigger's and the box will be bigger by a couple blocks. If not, repositioning of the box at least so dialogue can fit to the top of it all.
Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:30 PM
Edit: I just started watching a bit ago a Sailor Moon fan project editing on join.me and it gave me the idea. Maybe I could possible do that for Mega Man X3 and show you guys what I do with code editing and what not? Maybe give you some first view look on what everything does for basic rom editing. How does that sound?
Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:11 PM
think about will be very cool if you do it in a stage like a secret door you go in side and you will be fight of course you will be speak or better the clon of zero of MMX2 and he is back and want a revenge
Spanish: @ MrcSNm me diste una muy buena idea ¡¡¡¡nightmare en mmx3!!!!
piensenlo seria genial si lo hace en un nivel como una puerta secreta entras en ella y pelean claro que hablaran o mejor el clon de zero de mmx2 y esta de vuelta y quiere venganza
Wach me in :http://n-sigma.deviantart.com/
Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:21 PM
We have to kill those who do injustice (by Nightmare_Zero)
Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:03 PM
Also is it possible to put voice sfx? not for talking but like attacks and jumping ect? or is that not possible at all?