Mac

Mac

C'mon...

• Admin
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationWildwood, Florida
  • Fav. X Game:The Next One

Posted Image

*sigh* Some potential bad news from The Mega Man Network. It appears that NeoWiz, the developer of Rockman Online, a Korean based MMO, is undergoing a heavy restructure, reports the Digital Times. In which case, its workforce regarding PC games is being reduced from 300 to 50. Needless to say, that's a pretty steep decline. Things look rather bleak for the well-anticipated Rockman game.

NeoWiz is wishing to shift focus more toward mobile gaming rather than PC specific. Understandable, what with mobile gaming really taking off in recent years, but still, what of the status of Rockman Online? As of now, it's undoubtedly on hold, but NeoWiz is considering its affiliate company, GAMEON, to grab the reins of its development. It's yet to be seen how Capcom will treat this sudden turn of events. They may decide to revoke the rights to the franchise and as such, the game would gain a spot alongside Universe and Legends 3.

I dunno about you guys, but to have a third Mega Man game, although unavailable worldwide, cancelled in the midst of Rockman/Mega Man's 25th year will really, really irk me. Still, let us remain optimistic. NeoWiz may manage things just right. Don't let us down!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ciel

Ciel

Class E Hunter

• Members
  • 14 posts
Probably it was canceled a long time ago, like the Dash 3 prototype, but Capcom is slow delivering the news. But the fact this game is not a fully Capcom production give me a little hope that actually the game is not cancelled, I guess we have to wait.

I watched so many times the anime-like trailer, they are so great.

Arby

Arby

Psychotic Dictator

• Members
  • 5,207 posts
  • LocationPonyville
  • Fav. X Game:Mega Man X4
goddamn mother fucking cockslurp

If they cancel another game, I am fucking done with this goddamn fandom.

Posted Image

Inexpensive Graphic Design

Princess Luna

Princess Luna

Class C Hunter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationCanterlot Castle
I really hope they don't cancel it, my faith in the future of this fandom is low enough already.

Solren

Solren

Class B Hunter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fav. X Game:All of them, yes even X7
I can't see how the fandom is at fault here, but whatever.

I'm not gonna drop on Megaman just because of a potential cancellation of Rockman Online which might or might not happen. Not with Corrupted still being developed as well as many other really promising fanworks.

Megaman has been my top childhood hero, almost like an older brother, and I WILL be enjoying new games with him no matter what.
Even if I have to make them myself.

Dim

Dim

Guardian of the Badlands

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationBadlands
  • Fav. X Game:X2
I seriously hope that they will keep this game in production, I really, REALLY do. It pains me to see yet another Rockman game go down the tubes before we really see it's true potential. If that does happen, I'm not even sure how I'd react..... I think I'd be pretty pissed off, and that'll only ADD ON to all the stress I've been dealing with lately..... Honestly I want to think that this is going to be alright, I don't want to think too negatively about it. But with Capcom's unpredictability and NeoWiz wanting to take a different route, it casts one hell of a shadow over Rockman online. Lets stay hopeful and pray that this just doesn't end up as yet ANOTHER good idea tossed into a burning fire, never to return. I'm getting a headache just thinking about this game's fate, and man I feel sick....

tumblr_static_awz4yx907go4ss0k4wgk0kwcc.
tumblr_mo3brlb7IR1rna6xfo1_400.png

Oakie620

Oakie620

RP Admin

• Co-Admin
  • 1,190 posts
  • LocationBrazil
Can lightning strike thrice?

Thanatos-Zero

Thanatos-Zero

Mad Scientist

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • LocationGermany

Can lightning strike thrice?

Yes, depending how you define it. Thrice the same place? Unlikely, but possible.

However, we have to deal with economic decisions and not natural phenomenia.
"That was me as well!"
(Or if you prefer moon speak...)

"SORE MO WATASHI DA!"
Spoiler

starforcenetwork

starforcenetwork

ORE WA GUNDAM!

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Fav. X Game:X8, X6, MHX
I blame Sigma for this. XD

100,000 Strong for Rockman Online anyone?
I'll destroy you... No matter what happens, I'll have to destroy you... I'LL KILL EVERY ONE OF YOU ALL BY MYSELF!!

Dynamo8

Dynamo8

Class PA Hunter

• Members
  • 3,332 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
@ Solren, couldn't have say it better myself. +1 points bro.
Posted Image
Thank you elreyjgz!!!

Posted Image

Chaos14110

Chaos14110

Class E Hunter

• Members
  • 1 posts
Ugh this is terrible...
It was looking so promising in the trailers, what with phenomenal animation and gameplay... I still have very high hopes for it as a fan. I'm not giving up yet.

Sigma

Sigma

• Maverick Overlord
  • 82 posts

I blame Sigma for this. XD

How unfortunate...but don't blame me for this potentially bad fate! I was eager to flex my abilities in this installment. You may remember I gave a brief speech regarding it a couple years back.

Look at it this way, with no new work available for me...I'll just make myself at home here. Ha!

Arby

Arby

Psychotic Dictator

• Members
  • 5,207 posts
  • LocationPonyville
  • Fav. X Game:Mega Man X4

How unfortunate...but don't blame me for this potentially bad fate! I was eager to flex my abilities in this installment. You may remember I gave a brief speech regarding it a couple years back.

Look at it this way, with no new work available for me...I'll just make myself at home here. Ha!

Mother fucking cocktease.

Posted Image

Inexpensive Graphic Design

Darkrider

Darkrider

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between existance and oblivion
  • Fav. X Game:Megaman X3
This is one game that I think that really shouldn't go under. Hopefully, Capcom should have learned from their sales drop and the Legends 3 fanbase finally hitting their 100,000 quota.

"Skip this. Storyline gets in way of violence." - Total Biscuit playing Magicka with Yogscast

There are a billion ways to die. You will experience them all by the end of the week.

[11:26:28 PM] OmegaMan: If "bullshit" is wisdom, then yes. I'm full of it.

TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Time is not the boss of me.

• Members
  • 3,261 posts
  • LocationThe TARDIS
You know, the sad thing about this is that people are going to find a way to blame Capcom for this, despite them having nothing to do with it this time.

Posted Image

Phi-Zero

Phi-Zero

The Hunter Maverick

• Members
  • 517 posts
  • LocationArea Phi-over-Zero
  • Fav. X Game:MegaMan X4

You know, the sad thing about this is that people are going to find a way to blame Capcom for this, despite them having nothing to do with it this time.

Unless Capcom revokes the rights to the game. I really, really hope that doesn't happen though. x(
ϕ-0

GatlingWing

GatlingWing

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Location...Earth
  • Fav. X Game:Megaman X collection
I can't believe this... :xplush: ugh...
(insert something interesting here)

Sigma Zero X

Sigma Zero X

"Here We Go!"

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Fav. X Game:X7, X8, and Command Mission
I don't get to use Cinnamon the Beast in a side-scrolling Megaman game?

I don't get to use the great Duo in a side-scrolling Megaman game?

I don't get to see what roles Protoman, Bass, Scarface, and Ferham would have played?

Oh well.

"Allow me to rephrase. I will exercise my authority to terminate your program!" - Mega Man Juno, from Mega Man Legends

"Come then, Mega Man Trigger! Show me what a First Class Purifier is capable of!" - Sera, from Mega Man Legends 2

Click here to watch some cool Mega Man X videos from my YouTube Channel

Oakie620

Oakie620

RP Admin

• Co-Admin
  • 1,190 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Yes, depending how you define it. Thrice the same place? Unlikely, but possible.

However, we have to deal with economic decisions and not natural phenomenia.

If this is your way of saying the game won't be cancelled, I'm afraid it doesn't sound very convincing.

If the game actually makes it to the shelves, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

Flame

Flame

The Blue Bomber cometh...

• Members
  • 4,444 posts
  • LocationCastlevania
  • Fav. X Game:Mega Man X4 Mega Man X6
Meanwhile at Capcom HQ:

Posted Image

404 ERROR: Dynamo not found.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic