- This topic is discussing an article that was recently posted on Cracked suggesting some potential reasons for the existence of misogyny as we know it today. Cracked is meant first and foremost to be entertaining, thus they are not a formal study of any sort--merely theory. They often do a pretty respectable amount of research however.
- Misogyny is a dislike/hatred of females.
- Discussions about misandry (dislike/hatred of males) don't belong here. I'll consider making a separate topic if you guys wanted.
- The point of a discussion is to find the truth, not to find out who is wrong or right.
- Cracked is technically a mature website, however this particular article should have at worst some crude language, crude jokes and controversial suggestions.
Alright, now that that's out of the way...
Recently Cracked posted an article titled "5 Ways Modern Men Are Trained to Hate Women". This article suggested, as the title implies, 5 explanations for misogyny's presence in the world as we know it now. I for one found it interesting. To give a brief topic overview, I'm going to go over each of the 5 reasons briefly. As mentioned above the article itself technically contains a questionable amount of mature language including things that may be considered sexual--*Gasp!*... So google it at your own leisure/risk. I'll be attempting to avoid forcing you to.
On to the reasons!~
Reason #1. We Feel Powerless
Reason #2. We Feel Like Manhood Was Stolen from Us at Some Point
Reason #3. We Think You're Conspiring With Our Libido to Ruin Us
Reason #4. We're Trained from Birth to See You as Decoration
Now that we've gone over the five reasons I want to ask you guys and girls alike; what do you think? Are some of the reasons not so spot on, or do they probably only account for a fraction of misogyny? Or are they pretty fair? Could you think of a good reason that was not listed here? Would you like to see me write a version of this topic for females?