• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

kirbyhi5

kirbyhi5

Class D Hunter

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted Image

Alright, Well I'll be heading back to school soon. (In maybe a week or so) I probably won't have near as much time to work on this as I'd like too, so I'm posting a small "sample" again and another update of the level editor before I leave. (Not leaving, but more like there won't be any major updates until my quarter is over)

<===================================>

ScreenShot
Posted Image
Most up to date editor and how the interface looks. Made the tileset a dockable window and added scrollbars.(although I think just using the arrow keys to scroll is faster for me,so I kept both.

Posted Image
Here's the "Water Types" I was talking about. In the editor the color simply changes, but in-game it shows the sprite.

Posted Image
Example of water type changed to fire.

Download
Here's another playable level I made for testing purposes with the level editor. (I'm the only one testing this so there's bound to be problems I've overlooked) I did not intend for this to be 100% like the originals, only close enough to feel like a MMX game. (Trying to separate it from other fan-games alike) Sadly, this stage is nothing fancy/flashy. Just a basic test stage. Anyway, please find as many problems as you can.(Believe me, I want you to find problems. It'll only make things better in the long run. **Note: Only 3 special weapons work at the moment. The rest are old/place holder slots.

{Debugging Info}
[Press "1" for Easy Mode.]
[Press "2" for Normal Mode.]
[Press "3" for Hard Mode.]
[Press "4" to increase shot damage by 10]
**Changes in difficulty take place after level restart**

Mega Man X: Rise Test Stage 2 Download

{Don't forget to try hard mode :)}

Known problems
-From some random occurrence, something triggers the enemies not to die. Working on that. will re-upload when fix'd D:

Posted Image

Darkrider

Darkrider

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationSpeed Highway
  • Fav. X Game:Megaman X3
Woah. Not bad. Quick question though. What are the requirements to run the demo?
No one stands on my way -Zero, Megaman X Command Mission.

Skip this. Storyline gets in way of violence. - Total Biscuit playing Magicka with Yogscast

[url="[url]http://us.almost-hollywood.com/inuyasha-character-quiz"][/url][img]http://a.imageshack.us/img829/7226/inuyasha.png[/img][/url]

There are a billion ways to die. You will experience them all by the end of the week.

[11:26:28 PM] OmegaMan: If "bullshit" is wisdom, then yes. I'm full of it.

kirbyhi5

kirbyhi5

Class D Hunter

• Members
  • 33 posts

Woah. Not bad. Quick question though. What are the requirements to run the demo?

Long as you're running Windows and have Direct X9 installed, that should be all that's required. Feel free to post up any mishaps/bugs.

Posted Image

Silver_Stryker

Silver_Stryker

Don't fear, Lambo-San is here!

• Members
  • 1,862 posts
  • LocationFighting alongside X
That. was so fucking good. That was really good! I loved it! Even though I died against Vile on my first run! My comments:

- Wall jumping. To be honest, I didn't mind it at all. the game itself isn't exactly like the X games; it brings a new...."thing" (for lack of a better term lol) to the field of gameplay with the speed its at, and it kinda fits in a way.

- Speed It was pretty fast-paced, which was awesome. Granted, it was just fast enough for me to be unable to cipher the enemy bosses' patterns.(or rather, until its too late, that is...) While I am falling in love with that very idea(you should see me mop the floor with the mainstream X games) there are some attacks that look avoidable. But then, I only made one playthrough, so maybe I'm not looking hard enough. I thought the bug thing was the boss...I was surprised I beat it. Then I wittled VIle down to half before I died.

- Dashing. Maybe I was doin it wrong, but for now I'm assuming that you can't double-tap to dash. While it didn't take away my joy of playing the game, I hate relying on a button for dashing. It reduced my skill down to less than half.

Those are my comments. The game ran so smoothly; I didn't see any bugs or problems. This project is awesome...good luck finishing it. :xidea:

EDIT: never mind, I did run into a bug or two:

-The enemy that shoots electricity next tot he thing that picks you up. I dash in front of it and shot a charged shot. When I killed it, the energy pellet slowly went straight up and I was unable to obtain it--though me being unable to get it might have been because I had to weapon ammo to replinish.

-The think that picks you up. One of the times, I was able to wall climb on the wall to the left of where the ride ends. Though this is only a demo so this might not be a problem; after climbing the wall, I was at the unfinished portion of the roof; I was able to go all the way to above where the large mechaniloid was, the one that shoots missiles and grounded lighting spheres.
Posted Image

Nothing is Absolute; Everything is to a Degree.
In Short- Stop Believing in Zero.

Dynamo8

Dynamo8

Class PA Hunter

• Members
  • 3,331 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
I just tried out the demo and everything in this game is so chaotic. It's like so many special effects is happening all at once and nothing is slowing down at all.. . .but it's not a bad thing either.

Also the pace of the game is pretty fast, even for a SNES style Megaman X game. Well it's really unique when you think about it.
Posted Image
Thank you elreyjgz!!!

Posted Image

Zednanreh

Zednanreh

Deaf Legend

• Members
  • 3,083 posts
  • LocationDeaf World
  • Fav. X Game:Command Mission
That is sad... That download is only for PC... I have Mac.Posted Image

Posted Image
Servbot # 004273
Medic Avatar Credit to biggreenpepper.

kirbyhi5

kirbyhi5

Class D Hunter

• Members
  • 33 posts

That. was so fucking good. That was really good! I loved it! Even though I died against Vile on my first run! My comments:

- Wall jumping. To be honest, I didn't mind it at all. the game itself isn't exactly like the X games; it brings a new...."thing" (for lack of a better term lol) to the field of gameplay with the speed its at, and it kinda fits in a way.

Thanks,glad you liked it! Yeah I didn't expect anyone to get past Vile on the first playthough :D. Also, yeah I found myself dashing 90% of the time in MMX games so I increased the walking speed/etc, for faster gameplay.

there are some attacks that look avoidable. But then, I only made one playthrough, so maybe I'm not looking hard enough. I thought the bug thing was the boss...I was surprised I beat it. Then I wittled VIle down to half before I died.

Haha, there's about 3 ways to dodge all his moves. The laser may look like it harms you, but you can jump through it. (Sorta like how in MMX4 Sigma Final he shoots a quick laser across the screen that explodes the ground after a 1 second delay.)
Spoiler

- Dashing. Maybe I was doin it wrong, but for now I'm assuming that you can't double-tap to dash. While it didn't take away my joy of playing the game, I hate relying on a button for dashing. It reduced my skill down to less than half.

Nope haven't added that yet, mainly because I wanted to see how others like the regular dash first. (And it seems there needs to be some revision with dash jump)

-The enemy that shoots electricity next tot he thing that picks you up. I dash in front of it and shot a charged shot. When I killed it, the energy pellet slowly went straight up and I was unable to obtain it--though me being unable to get it might have been because I had to weapon ammo to replinish.

Hmm well there's two reasons for this I believe. First yeah it might be bad collision with the item group I made. (Since the enemy is on the wall, it might have been created inside the wall.) Second, It's true if you have full weapon ammo, you cannot pick it up. However, It doesn't fill up weapon ammo for anything aside from your current weapon selected, regardless of how much ammo the others have(Which it should do). So yeah just unfinished part for that.

-The think that picks you up. One of the times, I was able to wall climb on the wall to the left of where the ride ends. Though this is only a demo so this might not be a problem; after climbing the wall, I was at the unfinished portion of the roof; I was able to go all the way to above where the large mechaniloid was, the one that shoots missiles and grounded lighting spheres.

Yeah I knew there'd be some who would not ride the grabber. Just lazyness on my part heh. Official levels will be fully secured though.

Those are my comments. The game ran so smoothly;

Again thanks for the feedback

I just tried out the demo and everything in this game is so chaotic. It's like so many special effects is happening all at once and nothing is slowing down at all.. . .but it's not a bad thing either.

Also the pace of the game is pretty fast, even for a SNES style Megaman X game. Well it's really unique when you think about it.

The maverick levels should be more spaced out. This may have seem chaotic because I tried to cram a mid-boss + boss on such a small level yet show off a decent number of enemies. As for the fast gameplay, yeah that's what i'm shooting for. Maverick Bosses will be much more intense though.

That is sad... That download is only for PC... I have Mac.Posted Image

Sorry about that man. Final version should worked on all OS's, since MMF2 has flash export now. I don't know how reliable the flash export version will be, but it's worth a shot.

Posted Image

Carlos182

Carlos182

Class E Hunter

• Members
  • 8 posts
I've seen the first videos, and I was impressed, then I saw your last video and then tried the demo and honestly, it looks good but you need to improve a lot some things.
Well first of all... if you meant to make a MMX game trying to emulate the same movements as MMX1 2 3 from snes, then you have to work a lot. It doesn't feel like a real megaman game. But, if you want to make your own "engine", then its good.

For example, I'm trying to make my game with the same feeling of MMX 1,2 or 3. I don't know if you are trying to do that, but if you do, then you have to work in the walk animation, dashing, the wall jumping, and a lot of things.

Oh and I can't take the sub tank!!! I need it for defeat Vile, it is very hard!! :P

Keep working dude.

Azu

Azu

Class D Hunter

• Members
  • 25 posts

Sorry about that man. Final version should worked on all OS's, since MMF2 has flash export now. I don't know how reliable the flash export version will be, but it's worth a shot.

Flash export is pure crap.

kirbyhi5

kirbyhi5

Class D Hunter

• Members
  • 33 posts

if you meant to make a MMX game trying to emulate the same movements as MMX1 2 3 from snes, then you have to work a lot.

Nope not entirely. I do plan to adjust dashing/jumping though. Not sure if I want the pace changed yet.

Oh and I can't take the sub tank!!! I need it for defeat Vile, it is very hard!! :P

Yeah I probably should of removed the sub tank sprite. I haven't made it functional yet, sorry about that. Thanks for the feedback though : D.

Flash export is pure crap.

Well that's a bummer. I've only heard a bit about it on clickteam forums, haven't touched it yet. If all else fails, I may have to try vitalize(lets you embed mmf app in webpage)..haven't tested that yet either but I've seen it work quite nicely in a few other games.

Posted Image

Mac

Mac

C'mon...

• Admin
  • 1,765 posts
  • LocationWildwood, Florida
  • Fav. X Game:The Next One
Wow, this game truly has some potential! I love the graphic style, if you know what I mean. Its X sprites, but in a smooth, more flashy sense. The controls arent bad, but they could use a little tweaking. Music choice isnt bad either, what is the stage music? Sounds so familiar.

Also, nice use of Velgauder's howl for the warning alarm, lol. ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

kirbyhi5

kirbyhi5

Class D Hunter

• Members
  • 33 posts
Thanks for the previous comments everyone, and sorry I have no idea where I got that BGM from xD. (I think it was a song from the "vip" /f/ flash source) andddd it's time for an update

News
June 26, 2010
-Added a huge element from MMZX which allows you to "steal" your enemies weapons. You shoot any enemy with the scan laser(default ability), and after a certain percentage you obtain their power. So you it's sorta like a Megaman x Kirby fusion going on.

Screenshots
Scan with data laser
Posted Image
Use the enemies powers
Posted Image

Video
Moonlight Stage
(Not really an official stage. More like something I threw together so it doesn't look so bland showing these abilities.

As far as overall progress, I can't really say. I'm still missing some key features such as upgrade capsules/ride armor.(Actually those are the only things I'm "traditionally" missing.)

Posted Image

Silver_Stryker

Silver_Stryker

Don't fear, Lambo-San is here!

• Members
  • 1,862 posts
  • LocationFighting alongside X
Kirby+MegamanX? Now THAT. Sounds AWESOME. Such a thing was barely touched upon in Z4 and X8(and 7 I guess) but X should rightfully be the one doing this. I definately look forward to this game. Is there a possibility we could continue with a game+ and start off with the boss of the game's ability, granted we sscanned him in the first place? XD
Posted Image

Nothing is Absolute; Everything is to a Degree.
In Short- Stop Believing in Zero.

Kido

Kido

Class B Hunter

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationNashville USA
That sounds fun! Could the weapons combine to make a new weapon?

Carlos182

Carlos182

Class E Hunter

• Members
  • 8 posts
The ideas looks great, but you need to modify the gameplay, is far away from MMX original games.

kirbyhi5

kirbyhi5

Class D Hunter

• Members
  • 33 posts

Kirby+MegamanX? Now THAT. Sounds AWESOME. Such a thing was barely touched upon in Z4 and X8(and 7 I guess) but X should rightfully be the one doing this. I definately look forward to this game. Is there a possibility we could continue with a game+ and start off with the boss of the game's ability, granted we sscanned him in the first place? XD

Thanks. As for a new game+ to start off with boss abilities, I have no idea at the moment. It'll probably be another year before I'm close to being finished, but if everything goes well and I have a spare summer I'd be sure to do it + add extra levels.

That sounds fun! Could the weapons combine to make a new weapon?

Hah, That would be awesome but it'd require tons of more work to do combination weapons.

The ideas looks great, but you need to modify the gameplay, is far away from MMX original games.

Yeah after playtesting the MMX roms and comparing with my game there are many things that are off. However, I've fixed a couple in this update.

Update
Info - Sorry no screenshots, just a list of things that were corrected.

These are fixes that were for making it more like the original.
-Weapon color pallet - The colors are now true to MMX snes style WP pallet.
-Charge Light - The charging light is changed to MMX snes charge light.
-Charge particles - Before the charge particles followed you. It's now very similar to MMX snes style.
-Walking Speed - Before his walking speed was double that of MMX snes. It's now about the same as the original.
-Walking animation speed - The animation speed was slower than the original. Same as original now.
-Wall jumping - Fixed to match original
-Recoil stand shot - Fixed to match original
-Double tap dash - you can now double tap a key to dash. There's also an option to enable/disable this.

Additions to engine
-Basic ride armor
-Ride Bike
-The scan laser can now be charged. A charged laser used on an enemy makes downloading faster.

In progress of adding
-Camera that matches original X games
-Enemies being created only when X is in a specific range
-Enemies re-spawning

Things that need to be done before I can start making levels
-Sprite MMX's armor[This here is what's going to take me the most time and I'm not looking forward to it. D:)
-Finish copy abilities
-Etanks,Wtanks
-more SFX
- more ride armors
-Add +10-20 enemies
-Generic gimmicks
-Status ailments.(enemies will drop certain temporary power-ups/enemies can poison/stun/status effect you)
(Sorry, X is going to be the only playable character since I want this completely focused on him)

so far those are the only things that need to be done. If I feel after those tasks are complete and the engine is free of problems, I can finally start working on official levels. Feel free to add any other ideas that'd you'd like to see and I'll see if I can add it.

Posted Image

Thanatos-Zero

Thanatos-Zero

Mad Scientist

• Members
  • 523 posts
  • LocationGermany
Here a video from Megaman X Corrupted. It may help on your cause.

"That was me as well!"
(Or if you prefer moon speak...)

"SORE MO WATASHI DA!"
Spoiler

elreyjgz

elreyjgz

S...... Senpai!!...Please notice me!!~

• Members
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationSmall city below Chicago.......
  • Fav. X Game:Megaman X5
I really like on what you have done and the data swap which X gets the enemies powers is awesome!

Kudos to your project and i hope it ends up perfect in the end! ^__^
[IMG]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/elreyjgz/capcom_Oc.gif[/IMG]

kirbyhi5

kirbyhi5

Class D Hunter

• Members
  • 33 posts

Here a video from Megaman X Corrupted. It may help on your cause.

Yeah it's excellent as far as staying true to MMX + great additions.

I really like on what you have done and the data swap which X gets the enemies powers is awesome!

Kudos to your project and i hope it ends up perfect in the end! ^__^

Thanks, I am quite determined to finish it. : )

and quick update
News
July 30, 2010
Going to have to pause engine development for a bit since I started working on a simple level editor.At the moment it can save & load tiles, events, and enemies. It's mainly for size issues. Each level will hopefully be a fairly small file that is loaded, compared to how in MMF2 you have to "clone" your levels then make changes, but that increases the size more.

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLosGBf89XU

Posted Image

elreyjgz

elreyjgz

S...... Senpai!!...Please notice me!!~

• Members
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationSmall city below Chicago.......
  • Fav. X Game:Megaman X5
I really like your stage editor, its looks like a lotta fun!

Question about the Level Editor though, will we be able to add in our own music or some other features in level editor?
[IMG]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk115/elreyjgz/capcom_Oc.gif[/IMG]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users